||1.3 m | 4'03"
||40.3 kg | 88.8 lbs
|| Memories of battling its archrival Seviper are etched into every cell of Zangoose’s body. This Pokémon adroitly dodges attacks with incredible agility.
|| ~ Zangoose's Pokedex entry from Pokemon Ruby
is a Normal-type Cat Ferret Pokémon introduced in the third-generation of Pokémon games. They are known to be a rival of the Pokémon Seviper
Powers & Abilities
- Immunity: Pokémon with this ability is can not be poisoned.
- Toxic Boost: Zangoose's hidden ability. If a Zangoose with this ability gets poisoned, so will its physical attacks be 50% more powerful.
- Scratch: a weak physical normal-type attack.
- Leer: Lowers the target's physical defense.
- Quick Attack: A weak physical normal-type attack that strikes faster than normal moves.
- Fury Cutter: A weak physical bug-type attack, that gets progressively stronger the more it is used uninterrupted.
- Pursuit: A weak physical dark-type attack. If this move used in the same turn as the target switching out, so will it give double the damage.
- Hone Claws: Raises the user's physical attack and accuracy.
- Slash: A physical normal-type attack with a higher chance to give a critical hit.
- Revenge: A physical fighting-type attack with lowered priority and gives double the damage if the user stroke before using this move.
- Crush Claw: A physical normal-type attack with a chance to lower the target's physical defense.
- False Swipe: A weak normal-type attack that can not faint the target.
- Embargo: A move that makes the user's foes to use their items.
- Detect: A move that protects the user.
- X-Scissor: A physical bug-type attack.
- Taunt: A move that makes the target unable to use non-damaging moves.
- Sword Dance: A move that raises the user's physical attack by 100%.
- Close Combat: A strong fighting-type attack that lowers the user's defensive stats.
- Immunities: Zangoose's normal typing makes them immune against ghost-type attack.
- Born Fighter: According the Pokédex; Zangoose are biologically prone to be good fighters because of their battling with Seviper.
- Quick Claw: An item that some Zangoose holds. Pokémon that hold this item has a 20% chance to get their moves prioritized.
- An average Zangoose have in all likelihood been in countless battles with Seviper.
- Fighting-Type Attacks: Zangoose takes double the damage from fighting-type attacks.