|Series||Steven Universe (series)|
|Sex||Non-binary; Identifies as female|
|“||I don't care about potential and resources. I want my cluster, and I want that planet to die.||„|
|~ Yellow Diamond|
Not much is known about Yellow Diamond's origins at this time. What is known however is that she is a member of the Gem homeworld's Diamond Authority. The Diamonds intended to use Earth for colonization after the homeworld's resources began dwindling, but a single Rose Quartz gem stood against them after falling in love with Earth, forming the Crystal Gems, and even shattering a member of the council, Pink Diamond. This sparked a hatred toward not only Rose Quartzes but the entire Earth as well. Even though they lost the war, she saw to it that there would be a Cluster formed in the center of the Earth that would destroy it upon emerging (which was later bubbled by Steven).
Powers & Abilities
- Gem Physiology: Being a Gem, Yellow Diamond likely possesses superhuman physique, and on top of that is practically immortal, unable to age and does not require things like nourishment or rest due to essentially being a rock. Being a diamond however, it's implied that this makes her much more durable than the average Gem, on account of diamonds being one of the hardest materials known to man.
- Electricity Generation: Yellow Diamond can channel electricity and use this for her attacks, such as shooting lightning bolts from her fingertips.
- Implied to be much more durable than the average Gem due to being a diamond.
- Shattering: Despite being tougher than the average Gem, it is still possible for a Diamond to be shattered, as it was possible for Rose Quartz and Bismuth was developing a weapon specifically for that purpose. Even then her body can likely still be destroyed after enough damage, which will force her to reform, leaving her gemstone vulnerable.
- Abrasiveness: The only people Yellow has shown any amount of care for are her fellow Diamonds. To anyone else, she's quick to anger if things don't go her way.