|“||People always underestimate the engineers.||„|
|~ Torbjörn Lindholm|
|Height||1.4 m / 4'7"|
Before the Omnic Crisis, Torbjörn had gained notoriety for designing weapons systems used by countries around the world. However, his belief that technology must serve a better vision for humanity put him at odds with his employers, who desired to control his weapons using networked computer intelligence.
Torbjörn had a deep mistrust of sentient robotic intelligence, and while many of his peers wrote this off as paranoia, his worst fears were realized when the robot populations of the world turned against their human creators during the Omnic Crisis. Because of his engineering genius, he was recruited to join the original Overwatch strike team, and his many inventions proved integral to ending the crisis. In the years that followed, Overwatch became an international peacekeeping force, and Torbjörn remained a critical resource for all of its technological needs and signature weapons systems.
But in the aftermath of Overwatch's fall, many of Torbjörn's weapons were stolen or stashed away around the world. Feeling responsible for his creations, Torbjörn is determined to stop them from falling into the wrong hands and wreaking havoc on the innocent.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Highly Intelligent: Torbjörn is known for being one of the most skilled engineers in the world, only being rivaled by his old colleague Sven.
- Turret Building: Torbjörn's most useful skill is the ability to build turrets during fights. These turrets automatically track the enemy, and can be ugraded to have double cannons, and a rocket launcher.
- Scrap Collector: Torbjörn can collect scrap from the remains of deceased enemies and broken turrets. He can use those scraps to create Armor Packs.
- Molten Core: Torbjörn's Ultimate Ability. After overheating his personal forge, Torbjörn gains a significant amount of armor and speed for both his gun and his building tools. This ability lasts 12 seconds.
- Rivet Gun: His main firearm. With it, he shoots rivets at the enemy. It also has the ability to shoot short bursts of molten metal.
- Forge Hammer: A multipurpose hammer that can be used both as a weapon, and as a tool to repair and upgrade turrets.
- Armor Pack: Torbjörn can deploy an armor upgrade at any time. The upgrade can be used by allies to tank more damage.
- His punches can put dents on metal devices.
- Capable of damaging heavily armored foes, such as Reinhardt Wilhelm.
- Knocked out Sven with a single punch.
- Destroyed several drones before they could react.
- Created some of the deadliest weapons in the world.
- Designed most weapons used by the Overwatch cast.
- Created a huge skyscraper-sized robot.
- Relies too much on his turrets.
- He shares his name with a chair from IKEA.
- His design is a reference to Warcraft's dwarfs.