Thor Odinson is a superhero appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics. He is a founding member of the Avengers and Norse god.
Powers & Abilities
- Asgardian Physiology: Due to his parentage, Thor is naturally bestowed with various powers
- Godly Physique
- Flight: Contrary to popular belief, Thor is capable of flying without his hammer.
- Longevity: Even though Thor isn't immortal, his aging cycle is still slowed down to the point where he appears so. He has lived for thousands of years and is still only in his physical prime.
- Incredible Healing Factor: Thor is able heal faster than any average human beings on Earth. He was once able to regenerate both of his broken fists and regenerate his liver when it was vitrified.
- Godlike Senses: Thor is able to track objects travelling faster than light speeds, and hear cries of help from the other side of a planet.
- Super Breath: Thor is able to hurricane force winds with just his breath alone.
- Earth Manipulation: Due to having Gaea as his mother, Thor is able to manipulate the ground he stands on, capable of shaking the earth to create anything from a minor landslide to a continent-wide earthquake.
- Memory Alteration: Stated to be known as "Gift of Forgetfulness" from Thor, he is able to change one's memory and could potentially control ones mind.
- Dimensional Travel: Thor can travel through space, different dimensions, and other worlds, including creating portals. He once created a portal to the Sun and determined the boundaries of the Tesseract (the pocket dimension Thor was prisoned in).
- Omnilingual: Whenever Thor speaks, anyone who hears him will speak their native language.
- Mental Influence Resistance: Thor has shown to have resisted mental influences from foes. He managed to resist a mind blast from a Super-Beast.
- Incredible Intellect: Thor not only a strong brawler, he is also incredibly smart. He is shown to be an excellent strategies and knowledge of different type of magic.
- Mjolnir: A hammer forged in the core of a dying star that is magically bound to Thor, and the source of most of his powers. Only Thor can truly wield the powers of Mjolnir, though it is possible for him to lose worthiness with it given to someone else. Some characters are strong enough to pick up Mjolnir, but often aren't worthy to properly wield it. The hammer is extremely strong, able to level mountains with casual ease and create small cracks in the armour of a Celestial, which are durable enough to withstand planet shattering impacts.
- Weather Manipulation: The Mjolnir grants Thor the ability to control the weather and its elements. He can produce rain, snow, wind and more aggressive weathers such as thunder, tornadoes, blizzards, exploding volcanoes, torrents of rain, tidal waves etc,. across the entire planet at moment's notice. Thor can also prevent and stop weather in an instant if he wishes to. It's also been shown that Thor is capable of producing devastating stellar winds in space. The Mjolnir can also free weather effects such as ice rays, solar flares, high winds etc,. Thor is very skilled with it, able to create omnidirectional lightning, have lightning phase through a powerful being who consumed 98.99% of the multiverse, revives people through lightning,use wind to suck the oxygen out of fire and then puts of fire with snow, create a powerful electromagnetic whirlwind to siphon off pure Eiderurm.
- Energy Manipulation: The almighty hammer can manipulate energy. It can absorb energy like radiation, cosmic energy from Silver Surfer's blasts, magnetism, Sky-walker's cosmic tempest and even the flames of Hades and heat vision from Sentry to amplify the power of the Mjolnir. It can also redirect powerful energy attacks, such as the energy of the Null Bomb, a bomb created for the purpose to erase all life in the Black Galaxy, a blast with enough force to reignite a dying star. It can shoot energy blasts that overpowers the likes of Juggernaut, and can sense energy from objects and people alike.
- Barriers: Thor can use the Mjolnir to form extremely durable shields, force fields and even vortexes to protect him from incoming harm. The force fields and vortexes he produces from the Mjolnir were tough enough to prevent a life bomb from detonating, a life bomb which is capable of destroying a fifth of the Marvel Universe.
- Dead Summoning: Thor can summon an army of the dead.
- Invisibily & Intangibility: Can turn himself invisible or intangible by swinging his hammer. This ability can also completely disrupt other people's phasing ability.
- Lightning Bestowal: Can give someone the power of lightning.
- Thermal Explosion: Can generate a massive amount of thermal energy to harm foes. Its strong enough to harm the likes of Ego the Planet.
- Anti-Force: A blast that is made to easily annihilate planets.
- God Blast: One of its most powerful ability. Thor can channel different amounts of godly energy in combination with the mystical properties of Mjolnir. Said blast can kill even immortal. The blast is so strong that a starving Galactus flee for his life.
- Megingjord: An enchanted belt that doubles Thor's strength and stamina.
- Jarnbjorn: a battle axe forged by dwarves, it is sharper and more durable than most earthly weapons and was enchanted by Thor himself to be able to penetrate celestial armor and technologies.
- Stated by Adam Warlock to be physically the strongest of the universe.
- Casually snapped an adamanitum alloy cables by just flexing.
- Stalemated the Hulk.
- Knocked down Mangog, a being who is resistant to blunt forces.
- Destroyed an arch weighing over a million tons.
- Clashed with Gorr, which shattered an entire planet.
- Pushed over the leaning Tower of Pisca with just his fingers.
- Knocked out Namor with a single blow, despite being fully hydrated by a rainstorm.
- Launched Harald Jaekelsson into orbit with a single uppercut.
- Can create thunders that can be heard from other planets.
- His punches has levelled a countryside and closed a dimensional drift.
- Effortlessly threw a piece of the star core at the God Bomb.
- Destroyed Silver Surfer's force fields, which are tough enough to withstand a barrage of nuclear bombs.
- Held together the fissures of a badly damaged moon, and fixed it with his lightning.
- Fought with Red Norvell, which shook all off Asgard.
- Lifted the Midgard Serpent, a snake large enough to coil around Earth and crush it in its grip.
- Holds up the George Washington Bridge long enough for Damage Control to fix it while heavily injured.
- Crumbled Uru to dust.
- Destroyed an earth-threatening comet.
- Accidently formed a black hole with his fists.
- Knocked out the Pheonix Force.
- Resisted the gravity of a neutron star.
- Reversed the World Engine.
- Managed to Odin, a skyfather level being.
- Almost killed the Hulk with a single strike.
- Destroyed Demorgore's heart, who is twenty times the size of planets and stars.
- Fought Superman. Although he lost the duel he managed to put up a great fight.
- Can create tornadoes by just twirling his cape.
- Flew to the sun in a matter of seconds.
- Able to throw his hammer at light speed.
- Saved Red Hulk from a black hole.
- Was able to land a hit on Quicksilver, who regularly moves at hypersonic speeds, and stated that he fought faster foes than him.
- Stated that he was fast as the lightning commands.
- Capable of hyperspace travel.
- Was able to sawing his hammer at lightspeeds when his strength was reduced in half.
- Has been established that the speed of his hammer transcends both time and space.
- Reacts to cosmic blasts from the Silver Surfer.
- Is completely bullet-proof.
- Tanked a direct hit from Starbrand, who is strong enough to damage Captain America and Iron Man in the process.
- Tanked anti-matter blasts from an upgraded Electro.
- Only flinched when Rogue punched him, which would shatter diamonds.
- Survived being crushed by the gravitational power of a neutron star and being buried under a pile of debris.
- Tanked a supernova.
- Was the only one consciouse when clashed with four other Mjolnir at full force.
- Took a blast from Thanos, which blasted open a planet.
- Tanked a holocaust bomb.
- Young Thor endured torture from Gorr for seventeen days.
- Withstood an attack on what he thought be the source of all planets.
- Withstood blows from Skurge's Axe when his power was reduced to half.
- Able to survive absolute zero temperatures.
- Can endure heat from the heart of stars.
- Took Ghost Rider's hellfire blast.
- Survived blows from the Celestials.
- Summoned cosmic weather without Mjolnir.
- Can channel lightning through the ground.
- has matched Captain American in a pure boxing match.
- Was once able to cause a canyon so large that it spanned an entire country.
- Linked to Mjolnir: Most of Thor's powers are actually because of Mjolnir and not Thor himself. Therefor, if he looses Mjolnir, or if the hammer finds someone more worthy of it's power than him, Thor is left powerless aside from his superhuman physique.