|“||The true enemy of humanity is disorder.||„|
Satya Vaswani was born to a very poor family in Hyderabad. She was identified as a potential future light-bending architech for the Vishkar Corporation, and was put into the company's architech academy in Utopaea. Though she could never return home, she became one of the top students in her class, using dance techniques for light-bending instead of more procedural motions.
Vishkar gave Satya a position as a clandestine agent under the name 'Symmetra'. She was sent on covert missions around the world to uphold the company's interests by sabotaging competitors and negotiating with contractors.
In the Overwatch comics, Satya was sent to Rio de Janeiro to negotiate a contract with its mayor. When she instead chose Calado's proposal, Symmetra infiltrated his tower, but was unable to find anything questionable. Sanjay Korpal opted to destroy the building instead, and Symmetra had to save people from its flaming wreckage. Vishkar's city center was completed months later.
Powers & Abilities
- Construct Creation: By using hard-light as a base material, Symmetra can easily create special constructs that serve support purposes.
- Sentry Turret: Small turrets that automatically fire blasts that also slow down the enemy. 10 metres of range.
- Photon Shield: A powerful shield that can absorb all sorts of damage. In game, she can only use it on allies, but in the comics, she can be seen using it on herself.
- Teleporter: Her ultimate technique. Symmetra sets up a teleporter that both her allies and herself can use from their base to instantly travel to the teleporter's designated position.
- Photon Projector: A special energy gun that can shoot short-ranged projectiles that home onto nearby enemies. This gun can also fire devastating charged shots.
- Her guns and turrets are capable of damaging heavily armoured foes, like Reinhardt Wilhelm.
- Her turrets were capable of incapacitating trained guards with a single shot.
- Reacted to several soldiers firing their laser guns at her.
- Her shields can resist having a building collapse on top of them.
- Became a skilled architect and built the city of Utopaea.
- Her arsenal is mostly focused on supporting others.
- She would rather not kill anyone if given the chance.
- She's been hinted to have autism and/or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.