This profile only covers the version of Spyro who appears in the Skylanders series. For other versions, click here.
|“||"All Fired Up!"||„|
Spyro hails from a rare line of magical purple dragons that come from a faraway land few have ever traveled. It's been said that the Scrolls of the Ancients mention Spyro prominently -- the old Portal Masters having chronicled his many exciting adventures and heroic deeds. Finally, it was Master Eon himself who reached out and invited him to join the Skylanders. Now calling Skylands his home, Spyro remains one of its most valued protectors, with evil facing a new enemy -- and the Skylanders gaining a valued ally.
Powers & Abilities
- Elemental Mastery: Being a Purple Dragon, Spyro is able to learn and master any element he wants, which is why he is categorized as a Magic element. He prefers the Fire element and as such uses it the most often.
- Fire Breath:
- Charge Attack:
- Spyro's Earth Pound:
- Aided in saving Skylands on numerous occasions.
- Took on Malefor while powerless with help from Hex and Wallop.
- Skylanders was originally going to be called Spyro's Kingdom, in which Spyro was going to be an NPC. However, the developers felt that in order for it to be considered a Spyro game, Spyro would need to be playable, and as such took a model for a red dragon character and recolored it into Spyro before changing the game to Skylanders. This could be part of the inspiration for the Storyteller NPC Skylanders in Skylanders: Imaginators, of which Spyro is one of.
- In the Return of the Dragon King comic storyline, it's implied that the Spyro in the Skylanders series is the same as the one in The Legend of Spyro. Given that both Cynder and Malefor are both a part of the Skylanders canon, this does seem plausible.