|Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Series||Sonic the Hedgehog (series)|
|Height||3'3" (100 cm)|
|Weight||77 lbs (35 kg)|
Sonic the Hedgehog is the mascot of SEGA, and the main protagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Not much is known about Sonic's early life. What is known is that he was born on Christmas Island on June 23rd with the ability to run at super speeds, but his love of adventure quickly led him to leave his home. Under unknown circumstances, he met Dr. Ivo Robotnik, and the two became enemies. He would then continue to battle the evil scientist in countless battles.
Powers & Abilities
- Spin Attack: Sonic curls into a ball while rolling along the ground.
- Spin Jump: A variant of Spin Dash used to attack enemies mid-jump.
- Double Jump: Sonic performs a jump that propels him upwards while already in the air.
- Spin Dash: Sonic rolls in place to charge up, then dashes forward at high speeds rolling.
- Homing Attack: While in the air, Sonic performs a high-speed Spin Dash towards the nearest enemy.
- Focused Homing Attack: A powered up version of the Homing Attack that allows sSonic to perform Homing Attack that either do more damage, or lock onto at most, 6 targets.
- Blue Tornado: Sonic uses the Spin Dash to circle around an opponent in midair at high speed while leaving a blue aura trail. The resulting slipstream creates a tornado effect that forms a blue cyclonic vortex of air around the opponent.
- Insta-Shield: An air shield Sonic can create by rapidly spinning, vibrating molecules in the air to block attacks for a second or so.
- Drop Dash: Sonic performs an instant Spin Dash the moment he touches any type of land.
- Bound Attack: A downward spinning attack that makes Sonic bounce into the air. Can be used repeatedly to reach higher places.
- Spin Jump: A variant of Spin Dash used to attack enemies mid-jump.
- Super Peel Out: Sonic runs in place to build up speed before zipping off.
- Sonic Boost: Sonic envelops himself in some sort of aura and propel himself at higher speeds than normal, while acting as a sort of battering ram to enemies in front of him.
- Sonic Wind: Sonic summons a whirlwind to an opponent’s position to ensnare and damage them.
- Sonic Storm: Sonic jumps in the air or stays on the ground and performs a spin dash that releases a shock wave that damages enemies.
- Sonic Heal: Sonic can heal himself by vibrating his molecules at high speeds, healing any physical damage he may have received.
- Somersault Kick: A midair somersault maneuver followed with a kick, which creates a projectile energy wave that can damage or stun opponents.
- Magic Hands: An ability that can destroy, shrink and entrap enemies in small spheres that Sonic can throw as a projectile. Must be initiated by a short range
- Time Stop: An ability that stops time for 10 seconds.
- Chaos Control: The ability to bend time and space, as long as Sonic at least one Chaos Emerald. Sonic can stop time, slow time, and teleport himself and other objects.
- Time Break: An ability that slows down the flow of time, giving Sonic extra time to react to his environment.
- Hyper Mode: A mode that enhances Sonic's speed, strength and allows for more powerful special attacks.
- Chaos Powers: While he does not commonly demonstrate usage of them, Sonic can in fact draw upon the powers of the Chaos Emeralds to perform supernatural feats. His most notable Chaos Power is Chaos Control, which allows him to manipulate time and space to perform feats such as stopping time or teleporting.
- Chaos Emeralds: By harnessing the power of these gems, Sonic can perform Chaos Control or transform into Super Sonic.
- Piko Hammer: A hammer about the size of Sonic that works exactly the same as Amy Rose's.
- Power Shoes/Custom Sneakers: Sonic's trademark shoes, they decrease the amount of friction that Sonic experiences and can harness the powers of the Gems (Sonic '06).
- Light Speed Shoes: A special pair of sneakers that enhance Sonic's speed and allows him to use the Light Speed Dash.
- Sonic Cracker: A trap that explodes at Sonic's will or when an enemy touches it.
Tying in with his Chaos Powers, Sonic is able to harness the power of all seven Chaos Emeralds at once to transform into Super Sonic. In this state, his abilities are enhanced exponentially and he gains a few new ones. However, the form is dependent on how many rings Sonic has on him at the time, and will run out when the rings do. On average, this allows Sonic to sustain the form for at least 50 seconds and at most several days depending on how much energy he uses.
- Super Sonic Boost: An enhanced version of Sonic’s boost ability. It moves faster and surrounds the user in an aura of chaos energy.
- Bolt of Lightning: A bashing attack where Super Sonic will move so fast he gains a blue aura and becomes a lightning bolt of sorts.
- Arrow of Light: Super Sonic bashes into his enemies at extreme speeds.
- Deflect: An ability that allows Super Sonic to project an energy shield from his hands to shield and redirect projectile attacks and objects.
- Super Sonic Energy Blast: A series of amped homing attacks followed by an energy blasts released from the hands at an opponent.
- Positive Energy Aura: Thanks to Sonic absorbing all of the positive energy of the Chaos Emeralds, Sonic has a natural positive aura that allows Super Sonic to pacify evil or angered creatures.
- Invulnerability: As long as the form is active, Sonic becomes completely impervious to physical harm. Powerful deities have indeed surpassed his durability before, but only when they hold power that shapes the Universe itself.
- Self Sustenance: Through the power of the Chaos Emeralds, Sonic does not need food, sleep, oxygen, water, or any other resource to sustain himself.
- Inexhaustible Stamina: Sonic cannot succumb to fatigue while in Super Form, allowing him to use as much energy as he desires without tiring.
- Enhanced Strength: Sonic's physical power is drastically increased while he is Super Sonic, allowing him to attack with much greater force than normally.
- Enhanced Chaos Powers: All of Sonic's Chaos-based abilities are drastically amplified under the effects of Super Sonic.
If Sonic happens to have all seven Super Emeralds (larger, more powerful versions of the Chaos Emeralds) on him, he can turn into his ultimate form of Hyper Sonic. In this form, Sonic retains the abilities and Super form, but the raw power is amplified even further than Super Sonic. However, it too has a time limit dependent on how many rings Sonic has on him at the time of transformation.
- Godly Speed: Hyper Sonic is even faster than Super Sonic, allowing him to blitz enemies that may have contended with his previous forms.
- Invulnerability: Much like Super Sonic, the Hyper state has shown to be completely immune to physical damage.
- Self Sustenance: As long as he is in the Hyper State, Sonic can survive without oxygen, food, sleep, and water.
- Inexhaustible Stamina: Sonic can use as much energy as he desires without fatigue in the Hyper state.
- Godly Strength: Hyper Sonic's strength far surpasses even the likes of Super Sonic.
- Enhanced Chaos Powers
- Hyper Flash: Hyper Sonic can generate a blast of chaotic energy from his body that utterly annihilates most foes in his general vicinity. It is often considered Sonic's ultimate attack, and is his most technique.
- Toppled the gargantuan Egg Golem (which is 250 tons according to Sonic X) with only a single kick. (Sonic Adventure 2)
- Destroyed an extremely large statue with one punch.
- Traded blows with the likes of Knuckles and Shadow. (Various)
- Spin dash strong enough to bust through titanium. (Various)
- Caused an explosion the size of a small mountain and destroyed the chains that were holding little planet in place in Sonic CD. You can tell given Sonic runs off, then apparently lands right near where the explosion happened and the chains fell. (Sonic the Hedgehog: CD)
- Threw a rock with enough power to not only send it flying in the sky, but also cause the Egg Mobile to explode.
- With the help of Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, stopped a speeding train. (Sonic Shuffle)
- Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic can break destroy robots the size of buildings. (Sonic Forces trailer)
- Has been stated in Sonic Unleashed's manual to be able to move at the speed of light.
- Temporarily escaped the pull of the hyper-go on black hole. (Sonic Colours)
- Stated to be faster than light by an official guidebook.
- Defeated Ultimate Emerl in under 30 seconds. (Sonic Battle)
- Has stated that the Cyan Laser was slightly slower than his own speed. (Sonic Colours DS)
- Can turn invisible by just spinning so fast.
- By just running through space, was able to "fix space". (Sonic Generations)
- Was able to keep up with Metal Sonic. (Various)
- Boasts that traveling through a continent is an "easy jog". (Sonic Unleashed)
- Top speed is stated to be "unknown".
- Boasted about being able to casually jog round the planet. (Sonic Generations 3DS)
- Could outrun Silver's teleportation. (Sonic Generations 3DS)
- Outpaced a miniature (possibly artificial) Black Hole. (Sonic Lost World 3DS)
- After being trapped in the Arabian Nights, Sonic ran endlessly from universe to universe until he came back to his own universe. (Sonic & the Secret Rings)
- Can spin around to create tornadoes... in space, y'know, the place that is a vacuum. (Sonic Rush)
- Can endure an atmospheric re-entry. (Various)
- Can withstand the force exerted on him by a Hyper-go-on based Black Hole and come out unscathed. (Sonic Colours)
- Was able to tank massive falls and easily able to get back up with no problem. (Various)
- Managed to take hits from a weapon strong enough to shake the entire Earth.
- Tanked Metal Sonic's plasma shots.
- Defeated Ultimate Emerl, who had even more power than all the Chaos Emeralds combined. He also had the energy to destroy a star and had all of the abilities of the friends he met.
- Escaped Eggman Island alongside Mighty and Ray. (SegaSonic the Hedgehog)
- Defeated Perfect Chaos, who is the entire reason why Angel Island is in the sky. (Sonic Generations)
- Deep Water: Sonic is unable to swim, thus if he is in water that goes over his head and he cannot jump out of it, than he can very feasibly drown.
- Cocky: Sonic is so sure of his own abilities and thus it is not unknown for him to get caught off guard while doing something.
- Sonic's favorite food is Chili Dogs. This used to be exclusive to the comics, but it has since been canonized, as of Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic Generations, where he is seen eating them.