|“||Who do I think I am? Good question, really, and I'll answer like this: I've seen too much to be Robin, but I'm still too optimistic to be Batman. I'm Nightwing. I'm Officer Dick Grayson. I'm Barbara's boyfriend, Bruce Wayne's adopted son, and the last living member of the Amazing Flying Graysons. I'm happy.||„|
|~ Richard John "Dick" Grayson|
Dick Grayson was formerly part of a family circus act called the flying Grayson's. After his parents were killed when there act was sabotaged, Bruce Wayne AKA Batman took Dick under his wing as the first Robin. Dick went on to create his own team of superheroes called the Teen Titans, and even later adopted his own superhero identity as Nightwing. He's even filled in as Batman when Bruce was unavailable.
Powers and abilities
- Master combatent: Nightwing is extremely skilled at martial arts, almost to the level of Batman himself
- Stealth: Nightwing is also experienced in stealth. In one instance he sneaked into the JLI building without detection
- Peak human physique: Nightwing is as strong, fast and as durable as an olympic athlete, if not more so. He's strong enough to lift 200 Pounds, fast enough to dodge bullets, and is able to take hits from Deathstroke.
- Intelligence: While not as smart as Batman, Dick is smart enough to solve Riddlers riddles, and solve 8 unsolved mysteries before breakfast.
- Armor: Dick's armor is insulated against fire and electricity, and is made of kevlar along with a triple weaved material
- Gadgets: Nightwing's gadgets include:
- Smoke bombs
- Knock-out gas
- Grappling hook
- Brass knuckles
- Bo Staff: Nightwing's quite proficient with a bo staff. His bo can separate into scrimage sticks, and emit electricity
- Threw a 280 pound man across a room.
- Can throw a refrigerator.
- Can bench press 350 pounds.
- Dodges bullets point blank.
- Is said to be faster than Batman.
- Once jumped off a skyscraper.
- Has been able to take bullet wounds and explosives and still continue fighting.
- Goes up against Deathstroke.
- Once lassoed the Flash.
- was trained by Batman, who is renowned as one of the best fighters on DC earth.
- Fought his mentor Batman to a stalemate.
- Formed, and led his own superhero team.
- Batman says Nightwing is the one person he trusts the most.