|Height||1.87 m (6'1")|
|Weight||90 kg (198 lbs.)|
Some time ago, Kūgo became the first Substitute Shinigami and in recognition of that was given a Substitute Shinigami badge by Captain Jūshirō Ukitake. How he gained Shinigami powers is unknown, but according to Captain Suì-Fēng, he murdered many Shinigami in order to steal their power. At some point, Kūgo found out that his badge was a surveillance device used by Soul Society to observe him and limit his power. After that discovery, Kūgo thought he had been betrayed and disappeared without a trace.
Seventeen months after Aizen's defeat, Kūgo targeted Ichigo Kurosaki. He, along with the rest of Xcution, would fall under the influence of Shūkurō Tsukishima's Fullbring, to make Tsukishima look like the sole villain, as part of their plan to steal Ichigo Kurosaki's Fullbring to strengthen their own.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Fullbring: This ability allows him to manipulate the souls of both living beings and inanimate objects.
- Bringer Light: A high speed technique that the most powerful Fullbringers can use to boost their movements, even in midair.
- Skilled combatant in both unarmed and sword combat.
- Cross of Scaffold: By using his pendant's soul, he can turn it into a broadsword that he can wield with ease. It can channel his Reiryoku to produce a blast of energy strong enough to blow up a building.
- Substitute Shinigami Badge: This object can be used to enhance Cross of Scaffold's power. It is monitored by Soul Society.
Armor Form Edit
After absorbing Ichigo's Fullbring, he recieves a new attire and a power boost. Now, when damaging other Fullbringers with Cross of Scaffold, he gains control of their abilities. He also has the ability to use Ichigo's very own Getsuga Tenshō with a similar amount of power.
In his Armor form, he can release his sword, just like Ichigo. He retains all of his previous abilities, but all have been enhanced. He gains the ability to shoot a large energy beam.
- Broke Ichigo's Fullbring sword
- Cut Ichigo across his eyes.
- Stopped Ichigo's Soul Slayer with his bare hands.
- Impaled Ichigo through the chest.
- Blocked a Getsuga Tenshō with his sword.
- After absorbing Ichigo's Fullbring powers, he split a Getsuga Tenshō.
- In his Bankai form, briefly kept up with Ichigo.
- Intercepted Tsukishima's attack.
- Barely dodged Tsukishima's surprise attack.
- Dodged attacks from the other members of Xcution.
- After absorbing Ichigo's Fullbring, dodged hundreds of arrows being shot by Ishida.
- Withstood a point-blank spiritual attack from Ichigo's sword.
- Helped Ichigo develop his Fullbring powers.
- Deflected attacks from Ishida.
- According to the author, his theme song is Last Man Standing, by Bon Jovi.