|Height||6'1" (186 cm) (Varies)|
|Weight||190 lbs (86 kg) (Varies)|
|“||We're gonna paint the whole damn world red!||„|
Cletus Kasady is a psychopath and a homicidal sadist. He is a deeply disturbed individual with a dark past: as a child, he killed his grandmother by pushing her down a flight of stairs, tried to murder his mother by throwing a television into her bathtub, and tortured and killed his mother's dog. After the latter, his mother then tried to kill Cletus, and was apparently beaten to the brink of death by Kasady's father, who received no defense from Kasady during his trial. As an orphan, Kasady was sent to the St. Estes Home for Boys, where his antisocial behavior made him the target of abuse from both the other orphans and the staff. Kasady gained revenge by murdering the disciplinarian administrator, pushing a girl (who laughed at him for asking her to date him) in front of a moving bus, and burning down the orphanage. It was during his brutal years at St. Estes that Kasady acquired his philosophy that life was essentially meaningless and futile, that "laws are only words", and came to see the spreading of chaos through random, unpatterned bloodshed as "the ultimate freedom."
Kasady became a serial killer. He was then captured and sent to Ryker's Island prison for 11 murders—though he bragged about killing a dozen more—where he shared a cell with Eddie Brock, who had lost the alien symbiote that transformed him into the supervillain Venom. Brock's symbiote soon returned and bonded with him again, allowing him to escape prison. Unknown to Brock, the symbiote left its offspring in the cell. The new symbiote then bonded with Kasady, transforming him into Carnage. He escaped prison, and began a series of murders, and at the scene of each crime, wrote "Carnage" on the walls with his own blood. Kasady eventually formed a team named Maximum Carnage and became one of the deadliest criminals in the world.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Peak Human Physique: Even without Carnage, Cletus is still impressively strong and fast by human standards.
- Master Killer: Due to his experience as a serial killer, Cletus is highly skilled at murdering his victims.
- Carnage Symbiote: Cletus has bonded with the Klyntar known as Carnage, which hides in his bloodstream until a cut opens up on Cletus' body that lets the symbiote manifest and alter Cletus' form, granting him a variety of abilities.
- Immense Physique: While bonded with Carnage, Cletus is far stronger, faster, and tougher than before, even surpassing Venom's own physical capabilities.
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation: Cletus can use the Carnage symbiote to shape himself into different forms and achieve a variety of effects.
- Regeneration: If he is ever damaged in battle, the Carnage symbiote will rapidly repair any injury it or Cletus receives in moments. It can heal from deep cuts in its face, a bomb that explodes in its mouth, being decapitated, or even having its entire head obliterated in mere seconds. Even if all of Carnage's symbiote body is somehow destroyed or removed from Cletus, it can instantly reform so long as there is a single drop of Cletus' blood Carnage is still attatched to and an open wound exists for the symbiote to escape.
- Shapeshifting: By controlling its body, Carnage can shapeshift at will, even far enough to reach across an entire city in moments.
- Weapon Creation: By forming its shape with precision, Carnage can manifest weapons from its body like swords, axes, maces, lances, or tendrils. It's not limited to just weapons, however, as Carnage can even form cages tough enough to trap Spider-Man or generate a parachute to slow its fall.
- Webbing Generation: Like Spider-Man and Venom, Carnage can shoot out web-like strings of its own matter. These can be used to swing around, fired as a projectile weapon, or to ensnare foes.
- Madness Infection: Carnage possesses the ability to control people by infiltrating their minds with its body. It once did so to control a group of superheroes.
- Wall Crawling: Like Venom, the Carnage symbiote inherited Spider-Man's ability to cling and crawl on nearly any wall.
- Spider-Sense Immunity: Carnage inherited Venom's ability to not be detected by Spider-Man's Spider-Sense.
- Sonic Immunity: Though it used to be weakened by them, Carnage has become immune to sound-based attacks after he came into contact with the Darkhold.
- Sharp Tooth: Because Carnage can't manifest unless its host has a bleeding wound for it to form from, Cletus has sharpened one of his teeth to a needle-point so he can cut his tongue with ease.
- He can tear through reinforced steel doors with ease.
- Ripped out the top of a car.
- He can break walls with no problem.
- He's able to tear Spider-Man off of walls.
- His maximum lifting strength is 80 tons.
- Shook off both Spider-Man and Venom at the same while he wasnt paying attention.
- Flung Venom across the city.
- Tears out an adamantium Sentinel's eye.
- Strong enough to make Magneto draw blood through his armour & shield.
- Pulverize a marble wall.
- Bites through Wolverine's claws.
- Can lift and throw a helicopter.
- He's faster than Spider-Man's Spider Sense.
- He killed an entire squad of symbiote soldiers before they could react.
- He eviscerated Deadpool before he could attack him once.
- Able to outspeed Iron Man with his biomass projectiles.
- Evaded Firestar's beam.
- Considered to be more agile than Spiderman & Venom.
- Avoided Shriek's sonic blasts.
- He can tank a blast from all of Iron Man's weapons.
- Immune against gunfire and RPG ammo.
- Resisted a grenade explosion in his mouth.
- Immune against neck-snapping and decapitation.
- Got hit by a train and survived.
- Resisted getting electrocuted by thousands of volts.
- Survives a series of Nova Force Blast from Sam Alexander.
- Survives Dr Doom and Genisis' blasts.
- Regenerate from getting blown to pieces created by Apocalypse.
- Got hit with the Fantastic Four's super sonic gun, tanked it perfectly fine until Heatwave blasted him as well, and then recovered in moments.
- Is able to take on both Spider-Man and Venom at the same time.
- Considered to be the deadliest foe Spiderman ever faced.
- Once almost conquered Microverse.
- Fought the Avengers on multiple occasion.
- Mentally Unstable: Despite his raw power, Carnage is utterly insane and is prone to anger, which can cloud his judgement or lead him to violently outrage.
- Heat Vulnerability: Like all Klyntar, the Carnage symbiote is particularly vulnerable to extreme heat and fire. Exposure to flames causes it to feel intense pain and to retract into Cletus' bloodstream, leaving him vulnerable to attack.