The following profile is for the super heroine Carol Danvers, if you are looking for the previous Captain Marvel click here, if you are looking for the current Ms. Marvel, click here, and if you are looking for the DC superhero who formerly went under this name, click here.
|Weight||165 lbs. | 75 kg|
|“||My name is Captain Marvel... I am an Earthling and an Avenger. But today I stand as one with the settlers of Torfa, who claim this planet and its resources as they were freely given in the aftermath of the Behemoth disaster... They are a peaceful people, but I am a woman of war. If you move against them, you move against me. I am willing to die here today, for this cause. I have made my choice... Now you make yours.||„|
|~ Carol Danvers|
Carol Susan Jane Danvers, also known as Captain Marvel or formerly Miss Marvel, is a superhero of Marvel Comics and a former Avenger.
Carol Danvers entered the Air Force upon graduating from high school to pursue her love of aircrafts and her dreams of flying. Carol was a top student at the Air Force Academy and enjoyed a rapid career advancement rising to the rank of Major. Because of her stellar performance, superb combat skills and natural intellect, Carol was recruited into the intelligence field. She ended up serving with the C.I.A., during which time she met and worked with Colonel Nick Fury. She was partnered with Colonel Michael Rossi and the two became lovers. Carol had a distinguished career in the C.I.A. While on special assignment with Nick Fury, Carol met the Canadian agent called Logan. The two were eventually paired up and shared a number of adventures together. During one of their infamous escapades, they clashed with the brutal Sabretooth who was working for the Hellfire Club. During their time together, Logan and Carol became close friends, perhaps even lovers. Both have saved each other’s lives numerous times.
When Carol was captured by the KGB and imprisoned at Lubyanka prison, Logan was among those who defied orders to save her. Following her affiliation with the C.I.A., Carol took a position with N.A.S.A. as the security director for Cape Canaveral. It was in this capacity that Carol first met Captain Marvel, the Kree warrior, Mar-Vell. In her official capacity, Carol was challenged with unraveling the mystery of this alien soldier. During her investigation, the two forged a unique bond, first as friends and then as lovers. It was this relationship that would change Carol forever.
Captain Marvel's mortal enemy, Colonel Yon-Rogg kidnapped Carol, using her as bait in his conflict with Mar-vell. In the course of the battle, Carol and Mar-vell were caught in the explosion of a Kree Psyche-Magneton device. The energy bombardment somehow caused Carol’s genetic structure to be melded with Mar-vell's. While Mar-vell was apparently unaltered by the event, Carol was now a perfect hybrid of Kree and human genes. In addition, she possessed all of Mar-vell's Kree knowledge and training. Through this transformation, Ms. Marvel was born.
Because of her failure to capture Captain Marvel, Carol lost her job at N.A.S.A. She recovered quickly, writing a successful novel about her experience in the space industry. This lead to her landing a position as the editor of WOMAN magazine, a subsidiary of the Daily Bugle. Carol’s viewpoints as a staunch feminist created tensions with her boss J. Jonah Jameson, but made her the perfect choice to be WOMAN magazine’s editor.
Just as Carol was beginning this new chapter of her life, the powers and persona of Ms. Marvel began to emerge. At first, Carol experienced blackouts triggered by Ms. Marvel’s precognitive seventh sense and the two personas were very distinct, both mentally and physically. As time went on and Carol came to accept her new role as Ms. Marvel, the two personalities merged.
Powers & Abilities
- Flash Precognition: A form of a seventh sense that allows Carol to react or counter her opponents next move.
- Toxin Immunity: Thanks to her amalgamated human/alien Kree physiology, Captain Marvel has a degree of immunity to toxins and poisons.
- Photonic Blast:
- Energy Absorbtion: Carol is capable of absorbing different types of energy, down to magical energy, to temporarily enhance her own powers.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: The absorbed energy increases the potency of her metabolism, allowing her to quickly regenerate from catastrophic wounds.
- Minor Molecular Control Captain Marvel can use absorbed energy to transform her regular clothing into her costume and vice-versa.
Carol's higher evolution into a being of cosmic energy when Carol absorbed the powers of a white hole, causing her to transform into Binary.
- White Hole Powers
- Enhanced Heat Projection: Can fire powerful concussive blasts of photon/stellar energy from her hands and fingertips in the forms of beams, orbs, and even shockwaves.
- Enhanced Light Manipulation
- Gravity Manipulation
- Electromagnetic Projection
- Cosmic Awareness: As Binary, Carol became cosmically aware to sense all energies and disruptions across the galaxy.
- Backhanded a military tank being hurled at her.
- Can easily lift and throw cars, often weaponizing them into battering rams or projectiles.
- Is strong enough to hurt and kill powerful alien races such as the Brood, Kree, and Skrulls.
- Strong enough to knock out Cassandra Lang/Stature, when she grew to her full height
- Supported the full weight of a collapsing tower.
- Even when weakened, lifted and pulled a full subway train by herself.
- Punched an alien into space with a single strike of her left arm, which Carol admits is her weaker arm.
- Strong enough to stop a meteor and then throw it and destroy it by punching it.
- Damaged one of Tony’s most durable and powerful armors, the Model Prime.
- Knocked the Sentry away, who is as durable as Thor and Hulk.
- Strong enough to smash the Hulk (Doc Green version) down and create a crater.
- Can lift and throw a water tower.
- Recorded hit of 92 tons of force.
- Obliterated a planet as Binary.
- Flew from Earth to the tip of the atmosphere in just over a minute.
- Can easily dodge and react to bullets and lasers.
- As Binary, can easily move faster than light
- Traveled 500 miles in five minutes.
- Blitzed Gamora during their fight.
- Quickly reacted to a grenade and managed to throw it before it exploded.
- Dodged a Tachyon Blast from Doomsday Man.
- Flew from Manhattan to the coast of Florida, which is 1154.6 miles in about 50 seconds, which has been calculated to be 180 mph.
- Dodged a shot that was stated to be faster than light.
- Broke through the atmosphere and reached outerspace multiple times.
- Quickly flown through the galaxy and almost outspeed instant teleportation.
- Is capable of withstanding high-caliber rounds, great impacts from powerful beings, falls from great heights, exposure to extreme temperatures and pressure, and immensely powerful energy blasts
- Can survive the vacuum of space
- Survived a fall from outer space to Earth...several times
- Tanked a blast from Phoenix Magik.
- Used her own body to keep a train with passengers from crashing and shrugged it off
- Took several punches from a blood lusted Wonder Woman, being sent across a city throughout it all
- Took several high powered magical blasts and spells from the Traveler, and still won while with a broken arm
- Survived being point blank in a nuclear explosion and was perfectly fine and alive 12 hours later
- Survived being within the explosion of the Psyche-Magnetron, which was of similar if not greater size than a nuclear explosion, and was only briefly stunned
- Fought off a Skrull invasion on New York for an entire day without resting to save time for reinforcements
- Took a nuclear warhead head-on and only her costume was damaged.
- Tanked an explosion which, based on the size of the blast, destroyed a large building.
- Tanked a multi-city block explosion and survived.
- Tanked a blast from SHIELD’S most powerful gun at the time (the gun has the ability to disintegrate any matter).
- Tanked a blast from Thanos when he was weakened.
- Tanked a Tachyon Blast, which has enough destructive power to destroy the top of a volcano.
- Survived two hits from Destructor's beam.
- Became the commander of the Alpha Flight Space Program
- Became a member of the Avengers and the X-Men.
- Started and was the “victor” in Civil War II.
- Fought the Brood forces and destroyed Brood World .
- Played an integral role in stopping the Skrulls in Secret Invasion as well as fought the Super Skrull.
- Defeated Iron Man in a suit that was designed to defeat specifically to defeat Captain Marvel (and is stronger than the Hulk Buster).
- Defeated Warbird, another version of herself.
- Defeated the Absorbing Man, who has traded blows with the Thor and Hulk.
- Fought the Vision and defeated him.
- Fought and defeated Stature, a.k.a Scott Lang’s daughter.
- Fought a brainwashed and bloodlusted Wonder Man, who has matched the likes of Thor and Hyperion, and has been compared to the Sentry in power level by Captain America.
- Fought a more powerful version of Wonder Man and managed to hold her own, though she eventually lost.
- After absorbing the power of a nuclear warhead, was able to match Sentry in physical capabilities.
- Is possibly just as if not, superior to Thor in every category.
- A decomposing clone of Carol, made up from her memories absorbed by Rogue (Marvel Comics), managed to nearly defeat her and only lost due to Magneto's intervention.
- Dealt immense damage to Count Nefaria with her Photonic Blasts.
- Prevented the sun from going supernova by absorbing all the Antimatter.
- Fought the Hulk (several times in fact, one of which being during the World War Hulk event) and managed to damage him, though Hulk managed to defeat her.
- Fought Rogue with Ice-Man’s powers and almost defeated her.
- Fought Moonstone, one of her main rivals and clashed pretty equally with her, though lost by being thrown into an Airplane, which she survived.
- Overcame the Venom symbiote.
- Is susceptible to telepathic attacks and immensely powerful magic
- While she can absorb energy, will not be able to absorb it if it is far too much for her to handle
- Has gone through periods of alcoholism that puts Tony Stark to shame
- Her Flash Precognition is unreliable and activates at random.
- The...infamous comic where she was forcibly impregnated...
- Civil War II